What I experienced, speaking something in front of public or public speech is not an easy task for any person. It is an art, we have to cultivate by participating regular basis. Because of that from school level only few teachers give importance on this, to make their students a leader in future.
How can prepare a good speech?
Before going for any public speech, we have to update our knowledge regarding the given topic. The speech should be divided into minimum three parts. The initial part is known as 'salutation'. Here we convey our respect to all the respected persons, such as judges and audience who are gather there to listen. To impress your audience you can start your speech with a good message. Then the second step is 'body', it contains detailed information about the topic. Sometime we divided this part into two parts if we feel necessary. In first part we explain about the benefits and final part we report on its disadvantages. The final step is 'conclusion'. He we give our view on the topic and close the speech. Never forget to giving thanks to the audience who are spare their valuable time on you.
A Sample Speech on Republic Day of IndiaHere, I gave a speech on 'Republic Day of India', which is suitable for school and college students.
Republic Day Speech: "No Hindu, No Muslim, No Christian,
We are just Indian. "
Respected judges, respected teachers and dear audience. Today we gather here to celebrate one of the National festivals of India, it is Republic day. It is a great opportunities for me, as you allowed me to share few words on this occasion.
On this day, it was January 26, 1950 we declared our country as a Republic country by adopting our own constitution. Actually, the preparation of our constitution was over earlier than this date but we choose January 26 for this, because this date has its own significance earlier than this day. It was January 26, 1930 on the bank of river Ravi, our freedom fighters pledged to attain "Sampurna Swaraj" and started new agitations to make India freedom from the British Rule. So, on 1950 on this day we declared our India as a Sovereign, Democratic and Republic.
As this festival is related to our nation, it is celebrated all over our country. It celebrated in schools, colleges, government and non government offices and industries. It becomes a public festival as every Indian celebrates it.
On the eve of this day, our honourable President gives a message to the nation. In his/her message he/she analyses the achievements of government and gives indications towards the future plans of the government towards the welfare of our country.
All over the country people celebrates this festival. In national capital Delhi, there is a grand celebration. People from every corner of the country come here to participate in the grand Republic day celebration. The grand celebration occurs at the India Gate and Rajpath of New Delhi. The entire route is decorated with our national flags. Many foreign delegates also come to witness India's progress on this occasion.
At the beginning of the celebration, our Prime Minister salutes the martyrs of soldiers who laid their life lives for our country on Amar Jawan Jyothi, at the India Gate. Then he moves towards the celebration point. Then our President comes to the celebration point who is welcomed by our Prime Minister. All the commanders of three wings, Air Force, Army and Navy come to participate in the grand celebration. After this, flag hosting happens by our president and as soon as it completes we give a grand salute to our national flag by singing "Jana Gana Mana….".
Then the award ceremony starts, our president gives valuable awards for those who sacrificed their life in different situations for our country and countrymen. Even some kids also selected for bravery awards for this occasion, who showed their braveness while miserable conditions.
Then the grand parade starts from the Vijay Chowk by all different wings, such as Army, Navy, Air force, Paramilitary forces, NCC, Tanks, Anti aircraft missiles, radars etc. Then a cultural program is organized by school children. After this dance program, tableaux from different states and national territories move on the route to show their culture and progress to the world. At the final stage aircrafts of Indian Air Force shows their talents in the sky. They send a message to the world that sky also in their limit.
Overall, I can say it is not only the day of celebration but also the day to remember those great lives who sacrificed everything for this country. We should take a resolution to work for our country and its progress. So, at the end I want to say one thing that, we may from different region or religion but we are one, only one Indian. So, think about this country before thinking about your religion or region.
Tips to Become an Effective Public Speaker:
- Always speak loudly and clearly by which other can able to understand what you want to express.
- Always wear a gentle dress while you are going to face a public speech. Your dress code decides your personality and it plays a major role to attract audience towards your speech.
- Don't forget to express your words with suitable action while speaking on the stage. Never speak just standing like a statue.
- Always look at the eyes of audience to make your speech effective. Don't look at up or down while delivering your speech.
- Don't laugh or divert your mind somewhere in the middle of the speech.
- To overcome stage fear, practice in front of the mirror before few days.
- Never try to remember the whole speech. Try to understand and feel the theme of the speech. Show your feelings on every word of the speech.
- At the starting and ending time of the speech, look at the judge's side and show your respect towards them.
- Always maintain positive behavior throughout the speech.
- Participate in various speech competitions to become a good public speaker which enables you to become a leader in future.
- Never keep target for the award, always believe in good delivery.
- Always maintain discipline throughout the meeting. Listen all other speakers giving concentration towards their speech.
- At last but not least, everything depends on your hard work. So, put your effort to develop yourself as a good public speaker.