Odisha has more underweight and stunting children
A new study based survey has been conducted by the National Family Health Survey in various districts of Odisha which was focused on the height and weight of the children under five years. This survey was conducted on 100 Focus districts with more than one lakh children of Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Utrapradesh and Rajastan. The survey report says that these six states performs the worst on the child nutrition. The report also found that 42 percentage of children are underweight and 59 percentage of children are in stunting state in India. The underweight means that the children who have low weight for the age and stunting refers that low height for age. The number of underweight children have been reduced when compared with the last study survey which was conducted in the year 2004. The state Tamilnadu, Kerala and Himachal Pradesh are the best states which performed well in the child nutrition. The survey denotes that the prevalence of malnutrition is significantly higher among children from low-income families. This causes the underweight of children who are born with a weight of below 2.5 Kilogram.
The reasons for the birth of underweight and stunting children in IndiaThere are many reasons for the birth of underweight and stunting children in India. Many children are in underweight and stunting after their birth due to the following reasons.
1. The 92 percentage of mother have no awareness on malnutrition. They also never heard the word.
2. The mother feeding is not given enough and properly to the child. The milk of mother has full nutrition. The lack of mother feeding is a reason for the underweight.
3. The mother's education level also determines the nutrition requirement to their child.
4. The insufficient protein intake of the child is a main reason for the underweight and stunting of the children.
5. The poverty in the family and child labour is also affects the growth of children. It is one of the reasons for the underweight.
6. Several disease in childhood also reduces the weight and height of the children.
How can we prevent the underweight and stunting of children1. The mothers should take at most care in their child's welfare and give enough mother feeding in the childhood.
2. The balanced and nutritional food with full of protein should be given to the children.
3. The living atmosphere and diseases free life will help to avoid the underweight of children.
4. The government should provide enough facilities to the rural and cities to avoid the underweight and stunting children.
5. The mother should take care on their health and eat rich healthy food while they are in pregnancy.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...