Quiz questions on Odisha state
1. In which year modern state of Orissa was established?
2. Who had invaded Kalinga in the year 261 BC?
3. When Orissa was officially named as Odisha?
4. Which place in Odisha is regarded as the highest point from the sea level?
5. Which is the longest earthen dam in the world?
6. What is the approximate length of coastline in Odisha?
7. Which language is most widely spoken in Odisha?
8. When is Utkal Divas celebrated in Odisha?
9. Which sea touches the coastline of Odisha?
10.What was the religion of Emperor Ashok when he died?
Answers to these questions are given below, first try to think of the answers then go for the answers.
Answers for Quiz questions on Odisha
1. It was in the year 1936 on the 1st April that the Modern Orissa was established.
2. It was the Mourya Emperor ashoka who had invaded Kalinga the present day Odisha in the 261 BC.
3. It's the last month Nov 2011, that Odisha again renamed from Orissa to Odisha.
4. Deomali is considered the highest point in Odisha, it measures 1672 mtr above the sea level.
5. Hirakud Dam near Sambalpur is the longest earthen dam in the world.
6. The length of the unindented coastline of Odisha is 480 km.
7. Odia is the official language of Odisha and is spoken by almost 93.3% of the population.
8. 1st April every year is celebrated as the Utkal Divas in Odisha.
9. Bay of Bengal touches the coastline of Odisha.
10. Ashoka had changed his religion to Buddhism after the war in which many of his own people have lost their life.
More articles: Orissa Information