Previous Year Question Papers
MCA Fifth Semester Computer Security Question Paper
Previous Year Question Papers
: 4 (
BPUT MCA fifth semester Computer Security Question Paper 2010/MCA Fifth semester previous year question paper
MCA Fifth Semester Computer Security Question Paper 2010
Fifth Semester Examination- 2010
Answer question No.
which is compulsory and any
from the rest.
The figures in the right-hand margin indicate marks.
1. Answer the following questions:- [2*10=20]
(a) Differentiate between threat and vunerability.
(b) During the transmission of a message, the message was modified by unauthorized people.Which security principle violated?
(c) What is the basic principle behind the Caesar cipher?
(d) How an exhaustive attack is carried out and what is the main idea of exhaustive attack?
(e) Define Trusted Computing Base(TCB).
(f) Give an example of inference problem.
(g) What are the benefits of sensitivity lock with respect to database security?
(h) List two major security advantages of optical fibre over other transmission media.
(i) What is a DoS attack ?
(j) What is link encryption ?
2. (a) What are the Shannons characteristics of a good cipher? 
(b) What are the advantages and limitations of stream and block cipher. 
3. (a) Briefly describe the AES algorithm. 
(b) Compare the AES algorithm with does algorithm. 
4. (a) With an example explain the concept of buffer overflow. Discuss how the buffer overflow has security implications. 
(b) What do you understand by targeted malicious code? What are the different types of targeted malicious code? 
5. (a) What are the major issues to be dealt with while designing a trusted operating system? 
(b) Give a comparative assessment of security features of ordinary operating system with the security features of trusted operating system. 
6. (a) What is a Digital Signature? What are the properties of a digital signature? How trust is maintained in the digital signature? 
(b) What are the basic security requirements of a database? 
7. (a) What major security persists in computer networks? How the attackers perpetrate their attack on networks? 
(b) What are the different active codes used by the websites. How they can compromise your security? 
8. (a) What is link encryption and how it differs from end to end encryption? Discuss. 
(b) List the major reasons as to why computer crime is hard to prosecute. 
B.tech 1st year Syllabus for BPUT 2010/2011
B.tech Syllabus of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering for BPUT 2011
BPUT Fifth Semester MCA Java Question Paper 2010
BPUT First Semester Communicative English Question Paper-2010
MCA Fifth Semester Artificial Intelligence and Expert System Question Paper
Read related articles:
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "MCA Fifth Semester Computer Security Question Paper"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
2005 - 2012 All Rights Reserved.