You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Discuss about the quality of Odia Newspapers

Most of us read Odia newspapers; through hard-copy or soft-copy(online). As per my opinion every newspaper posts similar contents and information about local/district/state/nation/international news. However, as I saw most of the articles posted in Odia newspapers other than current affairs/sports/politics are either copied from website or any other sources. I've seen most of the articles in Odia Newspapers were taken from Wikipedia's online library. Sometimes, it seems to be good, as people will get to know about various quality information; but nowadays it became a regular habit of copying contents from websites. I think Newspaper Editors are not taking any initiative to improve their brand; they must welcome good writers and keep paid content writers for their newspapers to improve their quality. Dear friends, please post your opinion on this concert of copying contents from online libraries.
    Yes, you rightly said, the qualities of Odia news papers are very poor. The articles published in these news papers are directly copied from internet and just translated them into Odia. It is not only Odia but also few Telugu news papers have similar contents which are copied or translated from different sites of internet. Even the quality of language used in the articles is also not up to the mark. There are many grammatical errors and printing mistakes in the Odia news papers. One more thing it contains very unusual advertisements. The editors are forgetting that, news papers are read by all generations and all genders. They should take care while choosing different advertisements for publish their news papers. They must avoid publishing which may create negative impact on young ones. Openly publishing abuse photographs create bad impact on Oida society.
    One more thing the morning online edition of the Samaja publishes after 12 clock noon every day. Such delay is not helpful to this news paper.

With regards,

Vicky
    (Expect for the best but prepare for the worst)

I do agree with both of you Mr. Naresh and Mr. Vicky that quality of Odia Newspapers is not good. The editors are not taking proper care of language, authenticy of news and originality of news. Your wright by your words that most of the articles are copied from other sources and its became a regular habit. Odia newspapers are more focusing on advertisements and not about news. The only positive which I like is the Look of the newspapers.
    Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.