You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General Updates

Why is our CM opposing NCTC?

We know that Odisha is suffering from Maoist attacks every time. Though due to geographical situations Odisha is not affected by cross boarder terrorisms directly like other northern and eastern parts of our country. It doesn't mean that our chief minister should oppose NCTC directly. I don't know more detailed about these initiatives of central government but I feel every state should cooperate with the central government while they are dealing with the security of our country and its people. Dear members do you know about NCTC? Why does Naveen Patnaik protest it?
    Nothing more is known to anybody regarding NCTC.But it is clear that the act is to control the naxal activities. And not only CM of Odisha but CM of other sates like West Bengal, Andhra pradhsh and more also opposing to it. The little news which came out depicts that State Govts are not consulted before implementing the act, no power for state is given inside the act and total control will be under the central. The CMs are complaining that, during necessity Centre has denied to provide armed forces by showing some or more reason. And why this time? But the above news is not complete. And for comments, one should know the act completely. However, one thing I can say that if our CM is denying means there must be something in it. So we should admire his decision and wait for the result.
    Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) has been postponed till March 8; due to oppose of rulers of non-congress states, Odisha and Tamil Nadu. What Naveen says is, taking up amendment on these without any discuss with state governments is a kind of intrusion of their supremacy and against the rules of constitution. Naveen says, the proposed amendment to the RPF Act is in conflict with India constitution's Article 246. This is the fact; and rightly said by Mr. Naveen Patnaik against the central govt.
    Regards,

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.