You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Discuss: Who is responsible for liquor deaths?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Who is responsible for liquor deaths?'.
    34 people died in cuttack district of Odisha by consuming liquor. Similar tragedy happened in its neighbour state West Bengal in last year December where more than two hundred people died by consuming illicit liquor. Who is really responsible for such tragedies in our society?
    Will we blame our government? I won't feel, we should blame government hundred percent for this tragedy. I my view, the deceased people should be blamed equally for such tragedy. People must aware of the bad effect of liquor and must try to avoid it. Mainly they should not consume any medicine without doctors advice. Government must take preventive steps and must not allow preparation of such deadly poisonous medicines. Overall my view is that by bringing awareness among the people we can prevent such tragedies in future.

Please dear members share your views regarding it.
    Dear Vicky,

As I have already mentioned in my thread, Govt. is responsible for it. Earlier cases I have no idea. But regarding the latest death case, Govt. is more responsible than deceased person. Granting licence to a company whose integrity is in doubt is the utmost and prime mistake done by Govt. It gave rise to such an heart broken incident. However, deceased people are also responsible, but we have to think the reason behind consuming liquor that to the cheap quality.

Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

I feel, the deceased persons are more responsible for it. After doing hard work they earn a little but forget about their responsibility. They won't realize the bad effect of liquor and wines; and consume them. Poor people must realize that their family members need their earnings than the liquor. They must avoid liquor and utilize their earnings welfare of their family.
    I found many people use different syrups as liquors. Mainly they consume cough syrups as liquor and consume 5 to 6 bottles at a time. So, it is very harmful to their health. Some time these medicines may show its bad reaction and show a very bad effect on their health. Even some time it kills a person. So, in this case we cannot blame the government only. It is the responsible of every citizen, we must bring awareness against illicit liquor. Then only our society become free from such tragedies.

With regards,

Vicky
    (Expect for the best but prepare for the worst)

People especially labour class consume liquor to get relief from the pain of the whole day hard labour. But they don't know liquor consumption will become their contineous pain. I do agree with you that consumption of liquor is always a socially hatable activity. Awarenes should be created to stop consumption of liquor.

But taking this weakness as an advantage and unwanted use of the power to grant illegal licence for personal benefits by the politicians- Is is not a socially hatable activity? Whether it should not be stopped? Whether awareness is not required to stop this?

Of course deceased people are also responsible. But these damn politicians are not less responsible.

Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

My view is that both are equally responsible. It is better to put ban on selling of liquor in Odisha.
    With regards,

Vicky
    (Expect for the best but prepare for the worst)

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.