You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Accidental Toll-Free no.1073 is not working in Odisha

Dear friends, today one of my friend's parents come across a vehicle accident in NH5, in between Chatrapur and Berhampur. On that serious incident, his mother died on the spot and father admitted to MKCG hospital. However, his mother may be get cured if the posted accidental toll-free number 1073 worked-out. You might have seen some wall-posters on every 2-3 km distance beside NH5; written by Odisha Govt. as: Accidental Toll Free Number 1073. The number is not working from any network services, even through BSNL/Land-line too. Is it just a show or funny act by state administrative or what? Please respond to this thread and create some awareness for this kind of issues, if noticed.
    Its really very sad news that mother of your friend passed due to accident and very bad to hear that emergency toll free no is not working. If the Govt cannot provide service then it should not display these type of boards cause a person will loss more time by dialing the nos.

But I have seen some NHAI ambulances in roads, now I am doubting that how they are serving cause who are calling them and how they are getting service from NHAI ?

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

It is really a very sad news. It is even worse to hear that the Accident Toll Free No. is only a imitation and not working in reality. I have not much idea regarding it. But if it is the truth, then it should be highlighted before the NHAI and Govt. If Govt. can't provide service, then showing the hoardings by the side of the road is of no meaning. It should be removed immediately.
    Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

Yes, we also experienced such problems. This number is mentioned in the NH-5, from Berhampur to Bhubaneswar area, but won't work any time. If you call in any emergency then it will reply you as an invalid number. I think, NHAI authorities must recheck this service and update with a correct number.
    With regards,

Vicky
    (Expect for the best but prepare for the worst)

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.