You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Panchayat election day will be declared as general holiday.

The Odisha state government has declared the polling dates as a general holiday for the respective regions. According to a new government order, the date of polling of the panchayat election is counted as a public holiday and every school, colleges and government offices remain close on that day. The state government also asked the government offices and semi government offices to grant three days holidays to the employee who stays far away from his village and requested to grant them a three days leave to participate in the election. The government also requested that the three day holiday should not be taken as CL but regarded as a general holiday.

Dear members please share your view on this matter.
    Hello Mr Vicky,
    You have shared very good information, but I have a doubt that for this election the holidays will be given to only State Govt employees or Central Govt employees also get this benefit. I tried to find it in the newspapers and other sources but couldn't get that. If you have any information regarding this then please share.

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

As per my view, it is a good decision taken by Odisha Govt. Every citizen has the right to vote in this country. However, due to several issues, such as not having leaves etc. As the govt. decided to declare the panchayat election as a holiday for every sector in Odisha. Odia people will get a chance to vote for their leaders.
    Regards,

Good Step. Declaring holiday Govt. is providing opportunity to each and every eligible citizen to cast their votes. Because of duty, some of the citizens could not able to vote earlier. Now they cna do it. Whether the leave is for this time only or in coming elctions also?

@members: if anyone is having answers to the above question, please update it in the thread.

Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

@Webmaster,
    I found this news in the Samaja, Cuttack Morning edition, February 08, 2012 in the page number 10 at the top of the page.
    In this news report nothing was mentioned about central government employees.

With regards,

Vicky
    (Expect for the best but prepare for the worst)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.