You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

New rule for doctors.

Our State health department proposed a new rule for government doctors. According to this rule, very strict action will be taken against those doctors who are working in private clinics in their duty time. Doctors are not allowed to visit their private clinics in their duty hours. They must stay in the government hospital in their duty time. Again the state department also warned the government doctors not to work in unregistered hospitals and clinics. They must confirm about the registration before working for a private hospital.

I welcome such move by the state health department. I think people must aware of it and lodge a complain if they found any doctor is absent in his duty hours.

Dear members how do you feel on this new rule? Is it helpful for poor patients or not?
    Really this is a wonderful act performed by Odisha Govt. Most of the doctors diverted to their private clinics after 5-7 years of jobs. Then onward, they are totally contribute their time and value to their clinics; not to their service. Making such a rule will stringent the doctors who spend their duty hours at their private clinics.
    Regards,

Really it is a very good rule bring back into picture by Govt. It was there earlier and due to this I have seen some of the Govt. doctors of our area were sudpended during 2007-08. Only change in the rule is that Govt. doctors can work in private clinics during their off duty hours. Earlier it was not there. Only formation of rules is not enough, but their strict implementation with feedback is utmost important. We the people can make only complaint but taking care of such complaint is in the hands of Govt. or the body formed for such grievances. Let us be realistic and hope for a good result.
    Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.