You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Discuss: Do you like old or new Odia movies?

When I was very a lower primary student, I watched few Odia movies like Manini, Kaberi, Dora etc. Then I watched few movies very recently. I observed that graphics and sound quality is improved. But music and lyrics are not heart touched as it was in past. Really I can say old is good. The old movies totally based on Odia novels and of good quality. Now maximum movies are not based on Odia culture or society. These are only remake of either Hindi or Telugu movies.

Which time movies you like more? Old or new movies are good? Dear members please share your views on it.
    Dear Vicky,

Yes it is true. The old is Gold. The old movies had been taken based on the culture and literature of a state. The Story, Musics and Lyrics were good to hear and watch. The early film producers and directors were much more interested in giving good message to the people. They didn't worry about the more profit of the movies.

But, The present film producers and directors are much more interested in the maximum profit that is in Crores. They are producing only commercial film and not ready to give good messages to people community. The new technology like animations and graphics are dominating the others like story and lyrics. Many movies have been converted from other languages. So, The old movies are so good. Since few new movies are good even today which gives good messages and have good story and lyrics also.

With regards,

S.Manoharan.

Old Odia movies are very much related to Odia culture and tradition. However, the new Odia movies are totally copied from other language films. The technology only improved in new movies; nothing more than that. The old movies are very much watchable along with the famlily members. As per my opinion, old movies and old actors/directors are more talented and dedicated than that of new persons.
    Regards,

Old is definitely gold. The story of old Odia movies was solely written in Odisha by odia writers. They are basically family stories. Some morale was also there. But new odia movies are basically copied from other language movies. Some modernity came, but can't replace the old ones. However, I can say much more improvement is there as far as dance is concerned. So some positives are also there.

But old ones are much more preferable as compared to the new ones.

Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.