You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Orissa Updates

Great Poet Khirod Chandra Pothala passed away

Dear Members,

The eminint poet Shri Khirod Chandra Pothala passed away on the dusk of Makara Sankranti. He was 74 years of age at the time of death. He has written many bhajans, modern songs, folk songs, Patriotic songs, songs for kids etc. His songs have been playing on All India Radio since 40 years. Many of his writings were sang by Bhajan Samrat Bhikari Bala. One of his famous bhajan is "Kothabhoga Khia Mo Chaka Akhia". As a successful Poet and eminent writer he has been conferred with Sahitya Academy Award, Upendra Tripathy Award and Sishu Sahitya Samiti Award and many more. He was felicitated by All Indio radio on its foundation day.

Odisha has lost a bright personality which could not be filled in the coming years.
    He was a very famous poet of his time. His bhajan 'Kotha Bhoga Khiya', really heart touching. His contributions in Odia literature is really memorable. I think his death is a great loss to Odia literature.
    With regards,

Vicky
    (Expect for the best but prepare for the worst)

I came to know that Odisha has lost a very good eminent writer & poet Mr.Khirod Chandra Pothala who he was passed away recently at the age of 74. It is a great loss to the world of Odia literature and people of Odisha. The death of a person has been determined at the time of birth. This is quite nature. What can we do?. I wish to share my sorrows and feelings with OSR members and I deeply mourned for his death. I hope he lives in every heart of Odisha people forever.

With regards,

S.Manoharan.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.