You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Frequent Power cuts in Bhubaneswar.

The capital city, Bhubaneswar is totally disturbed by the frequently power cuts today. There was no power from morning 7am to afternoon 3 pm. Again It repeatedly went out in the evening Six o clock. Such long time power cuts are not good for the city like Bhubaneswar. I don't know the actual reason but faced more difficulties by such power cuts. I was unable to complete my resources which are planned to post in our orissaspider. Do our members know about the reason and could any body explained here?
    Dear Vicky,

Frequent Power Cut is not only a problem at Bhubaneswar but also for other parts of Odisha. The main reason behind it is degradation in Electricity production in Odisha. Some of the power production stations are allegedly shut temporarily because of water shortage in reserviors. It is also alleged that, Electricity is imported from the neighbouring states to bridge the gap of demand and supply to some extent. Still it is not enough for uninterrupted supply.

Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

Thank you Krishna for clarifying my doubts. I am in Bhubaneswar to spent my Pongal and Sankranti hollidays. I am unaware of such power cuts in AP.
    With regards,

Vicky
    (Expect for the best but prepare for the worst)

Dear Vicky,

Yes it is true. The capital Bhubaneswar and many other places in Odisha are suffering from the continuous power cut in recent days. The state has 50 percentage less power than its requirement of 3300 mega watt daily due to sharp fall in hydel and thermal power generation.

The Electricity higher official of Bhubaneswar told that they are purchasing around 850 Mega Watt power from other states to make partial compensation of the power shortage. He also said that the problem of power shortage will require two more days to solve it in the capital.

With regards,

S.Manoharan.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.