You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Do you feel Odisha needs special state status necessarily?

Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia said that as the ground status of Odisha says, it can be grow without special category status. The SCS is not necessary for its growth. It is totally on the state government, who can do it by introducing different welfare and economical development policies to develop Odisha. I feel we are Odia people, we have our self respect. We are happy to live by taking one time meal but not willing to beg to others. This is my personal view only. Better to ask our state government to check corruption and implement economic oriented policies to develop Odisha.

Do you feel really, it is necessary to get SCS status for growth of our state?
    Dear Vicky,

Really we do not need to be declared as a special state status for growth. We are having enough natural resources with us. Only they need to be utilized properly. People should support industrialization. Despite of rich in natural resources, we are living like poors because of our own mistakes. We are not allowing developmental activities in our area. The statement of Shri Alluwalia makes us feel proud that our state is having all that which can make it a self-sufficient state.

Regards
    Krishna

Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

@Krishna,
    Thank you for supporting my stand. I think our Odisha state government should realize on this and come with good policies to develop industrialization. One more thing our Odia people should allow industrialization to develop our state like others.

With regards,

Vicky
    (Expect for the best but prepare for the worst)

Dear Vicky,

I think there is nothing wrong to request for getting special category state (SCS) status for Odisha. Further, I hope this will bring many financial resources to the state to develop the state in all the ways. I came to know that this issue has been raised by the Hon'ble Chief minister of Odisha and he has given the memorandum to this issue to the Hon'ble Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh during the recent visit to the state to inaugurate the 99th Indian Science Congress. These are all twelfth plan issues and many states in India are getting financial assistance under this scheme.

I hope the state Odisha has high percentage of tribal population and backwardness also. So, This SCS status will be more useful to them to improve their status. Any way, this is government's decision and they are the only decision authority to implement a new scheme in the state. So, We can give only suggestion and discuss about this issue in the forums like this.

With regards,

S.Manoharan,
    (Active member of OSR)

Dear S. Manoharan,
    Odisha is poor because of corruption and its wrong policies. It is right that getting special status we can able to get few benefits, but I don't think it will help to develop our state. We have good natural resources but the corruption and smuggling destroyed everything. Our CM Naveen Patnaik is a good person and he has done many development works in our state but still his few policies are going to very wrong. Some policies are appeared to be useful for people but indirectly these policies are destroying people. For example, after giving rice Rs 2/Kg, many rural youth are not going to their work regularly. I personally visited many of areas and found that no body is interested to go to fields for cultivation works. It is indirectly damaged the agriculture of Odisha. The farmers are suffering hard to get a labour for their field works.
    So, It is better to go for development policies and take control over the corruption rate, I feel it is sufficient to develop Odisha.

With regards,

Vicky
    (Expect for the best but prepare for the worst)

Dear Vicky,

I accept your statement that the corruptions and some wrong polices and decisions of the government is the main reason for a state not able to improve their status in all ways. The government should take at most care in implementing polices and proper anti-corruption mechanism to prevent the corruption. The government also should take necessary actions to control the activities of Nacelles and Maoists in Odisha. This also affects the growth of the country in all aspects.

With regards,

S.Manoharan.
    (Active member in OSR)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.