You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Odisha has more than 22 thousand child labours.

Though we have a very strong laws in both state and central level, still we are failed to control child labour in Odisha. If any body engages any child as a labour then he would be punished and sent to jail also have to pay the fine upto 10 - 20 thousand. Still people keep child labour in their home, hotels and in many places. Why we failed to protect the rights of a child? As we know that they are the future of our country and needs more care. They should be sent to school to get educate. But due to less awareness still Odisha has more than 22 thousand child labours who are working under high risk areas.
    Help in spreading awareness in our society protect child right and not to engage any child as a labour and help government to eliminate this problem. Please suggest any new suggesting to make Odisha child labour free.
    One thing govt. needed to be find out; that, their representatives should move on field regularly without doing pen & paper works at their Air conditioned offices. Most of the NGOs also taking action against these to eradicate this trauma. However, due to lack of or sufficient support from the govt. it fails. We very well know that how the poor people are staying and starving/serving their family/self. Govt. have the list(updated), the officer from Block/Tehsil level too know the fact; however they are not implementing the programs of State/Central Govt. They even not willing to find-out their area/local's problems/traumas. If the govt. representatives will not look after the issue, then who will look and solve? Awareness is going well by the NGOs and people too worry about their children future. But only awareness will not eradicate/solve their family's problems. They must do some work to have one time food for their family. Whatever the programs implemented for poor or BPL families is not sufficient at-all. In addition, every year they are facing lots of natural calamities; either flood nor drought or cyclone. Therefore, my suggestion is to find out the root cause and solve it at from there only; then only the issue will resolve, otherwise not.
    Regards,

Dear friends,

I have already raised this issue in forum section. The children are still working in Hotels, Automobiles, Construction fields, Agriculture forms and many other places. This problem is every where in India and not only in Odisha. It is a human right issue in India and world wide. The children those who are working in various places under 18 years will be considered as child labour. The government should implement the compulsory primary education system in all states to prevent the child labour in India. The existing laws and punishment for the persons of keeping child labour are only in paper. It should be implemented in proper manner. The poverty in family is also a main reason for this child labour. The parents are sending their child to work to get some money to run the family due to their poverty. The children are the future of India. The parents also should realize this fact and send them to school.

With regards,

S.Manoharan.

I think we have equal responsibility as government. We must provide information to the government organisations and officials who are dealing with child labour to take proper steps to save them and give them a bright future.
    With regards,

Vicky
    (Expect for the best but prepare for the worst)

Dear Vicky,

We have already discussed this matter in Orissa Spider. It is really a issue to concern about. We have to think about the root cause of the issue. Instead of creating laws for protecting the child labour, if we try to eliminate the root cause of the same, then we can get significant result. Laws are there to punish the culprits, but it doesn't prevent the incident to happen. So, it is necessary to solve the root cause ot the issue. Govt. has to take steps to reduce poverty in an effective manner and create awareness for education for chlds. I do agree with Mr. Naresh, that NGOs are trying to fight against this. But it is not complete.

Regards
    Krishna

Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

Dear editor,
    If I am not wrong then the previous thread about child labour is different from this thread. That is just about the child labour and the punishments for the crime. But it is based on latest report that Odisha contain more than 22 thousand child labour. I don't find any wrong to discuss again for a latest report on the similar issue. Does OS doesn't allow this? Will we use the word child labour for one time only for crating a thread.
    For your verification I gave you the URL of old thread. You may compare both the threads and its contents.
    http://www.orissaspider.com/forum/538-Stop-child-labor-Odisha.aspx

With regards,

Vicky

Dear Vicky,

You have mistaken my statement. The sentence "We have already Discussed" does not mean discussion is over and you can't discuss it. You have every right to discuss a important issue again and again. there is no restriction for that. If it was, then your thread might have stand rejected. Did it happen? No. Then You can discuss.

One more thing, You can create a new thread or continue an earlier discussed thread (with same gist) with the updates.

Regards
    Krishna

Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

Dear editor,
    The really fact is that I could not find the thread in the first page. What happens when I got any new information, then I check the front page to know whether some one posted any post regarding on that matter. But I didn't find any such thread on that issue, then I posted it. If I would have aware of it, then I might not be posted this thread, I might have moved to give a response to that thread. It is after your comment only I came to know that there might be a similar thread. Then I searched for that.
    It doesn't differ any way.

With regards,

Vicky

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.