You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Guidelines

Updates about Odisha (Orissa) and Odia (Oriya)

Dear members,

Kindly note the facts about Odisha and Odia; earlier which we used as Orissa and Oriya. Most of the members I've seen they are writing Odia as Odiya, which doesn't meant anything. As we people, commonly use Google as a search engine; and we came to know that Odia and Odisha are easily searchable. However, we're not mostly aware of other search engines (there are near-about more than 100 small and big search engines are there) which people too uses sometime. Therefore, if we use the new word in a wrong manner, then there will no respond to the content. In addition, if we use the old names (Orissa and Oriya), then its very worthy/creditable.

A little bit fact about search engines: As per the Market Share of 2011, Google's worldwide users are 82.80% (which actually decreased from last year's 84.65%); second Yahoo! with 6.42%; third Baidu with 4.89%; fourth Bing with 3.91%; fifth Ask with 0.52%; and sixth AOL with 0.36%. Apart from these, there are more than 100 alternative search engines are there.
    Thanks Mr Naresh for sharing this important information. If we will search "Orissa" in Google then we will get 7,840,000 results (0.15 seconds) but when we are searching "Odisha" then we are getting 3,190,000 results (0.12 seconds) so you can see that in few days the name "Odisha" how much popular. I am sure, in next few months it will be familiar with all the citizens of India.
    Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

Dear Naresh,

Really it is a nice information and also an important one for all web searchers. As official announcement has been done quite a while ago, we should have to write the word 'Odia' in a proper manner. If we write something else, then the result will be something different.
    And one more important thing which I noticed in your message is regarding other search engines. If somebody is not aware of it, then he/she can now.

@ Bhisma, Good Information. You are Wright. In few days we will get complete 7,840,000 results (0.15 seconds), if we search the word Odisha or Odia.

Regards
    Krishna

Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

Thank you Naresh sharing such good information with us. I think it is better to change the logo of OS now.
    With regards,

Vicky
    (Expect for the best but prepare for the worst)

Dear Naresh,

The discussion of this Odisha(Orissa) and Odia(Oriya) in the forum section is very good innovative issue and it is must at present in our OSR. I have also used the word "Odiya" in my articles instead of "Odia". I came to know this fact at present only. As Bishman and Krishna told, The search engines will get good results for the word search "Odia" and "Odisha" in forthcoming days. The Orissa and Oriya is also O.K. and good. But, As per the government order, better we use the new one else where in future.

With regards,

S.Manoharan.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.