You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Do You think Puri Beach is safe enough?

Dear Members,

As per my opinion puri beach is not safe. The number of accidents is increasing day by day. Very often, the news of death and casualities are coming into news. Though tourism department and Govt. of Odisha is claiming that puri beach is secure for swimming of the tourists, but in fact it is not true. They allegedly saying that Life Saving Guard are employed to save the lives of tourists, then why there are death cases and causalities. Instructions are there, but the question is whether they have been followed strictly. Are they strictly monitored by the guards. Whether the guards are properly trained? Why tourism and Govt. is not taking it seriously?

With Regards
    Krishna
    Dear Friend,

It is true and I agreed with your statement that Puri beach is not safe to the tourists. I came to know that the became as the death spot for the tourists and people in Odisha. As per the record of state government, more than 50 tourists have drowned off the beach in the last year.

This record shows that there is not enough security measures in the Puri beach and the safety is poor in the beach. The Human Rights Commission of Orissa also suggested various guidelines to the state government to increase the security and safety measures to the tourists in Puri beach. This guidelines should be implemented by the Tourism Department of India and the state government of Odisha.

If possible, The security and safe to the tourists can be done through the private organization. They will display boards about the danger areas and appoint security persons in the beach to help the tourists to save their life.

With regards,

S.manoharan.

I don't think puri beach a safe place for visitors due to the number of incidents occurring every year there due to the lack of proper safeguard measures.
    I would request the govt of state to provide enough and sufficient measures to safeguard the life of visitors and who come to take holy dip there before heading to Lord Jagannath Darshan.
    The beach should be well protected and updated with facilities for the lakhs of visitors who come every year here to take the holy dip in the city of Lord Jagannath.

There is nothing you cannot achieve,
    you can achieve whatever you can dream of.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.