You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Sports

Who is the most popular cricketer in Odisha?

We have many talents in our state cricket team but unfortunate that they may not able to find a place in National Cricket team. In past Devasish Mohanty and Siva Sundar Das played for country and brought glory to our country and state. But who is the top most popular cricketer in Odisha? Will you like to share with us?
    Siva sundar Dash and Devasish are equally popular in Orissa. Both are served our country in two different branches. Siva Sundar Dash in batting and Devasish in bowling department. There is a tough competition in Indian cricket team to keep a place. So, it is depend on the talent of the players. I wish in future our players will do hard work and can able to get a place in Indian team.

I am fully agree with Priya,
    Cause Siva Sunder is well known for batting and Debashis for bowling so it is a difficult to choose their popularity but in my view Debashis is more popular than Shiv Sundar cause Debashis Mohanty was the first Odia in Indian Cricket team. So he has many fans and well wishers than Shiv Sundar Das.

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

Both are equally well players. Siva Sunder is a very good test opener but he failed to prove himself in the ODI format. But in contrast, Debasisih Mohanty has proved himself a best swing bowler in ODI format but failed in Test format.

Both of them have tried to prove themselves best in all levels of cricket, whether in Domestic of National level. But Debasis mohanty has got a slight edge over Siva Sunder. Debasis Mohanty is more popular cricketer among the fans as compared to Siva Sunder.

With regards
    Krishna

Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

@Krishna,
    I feel you may right, Devasish may be more popular than Siva Sundar because he was the first Odisha player who got a chance in National cricket team.

With regards,

Vicky
    (Expect for the best but prepare for the worst)

Yes, I too think Debashish Mohanty to be the more popular odia cricketer than Siva sundar. But Don't you think Pragyan Ojha too should get a place here. And with his entry I think debate shifts from siva and Mohanty to Mohanty and Ojha.
    And in that respect I would go with Pragyan Ojha as the most popular cricketer of Odisha.

There is nothing you cannot achieve,
    you can achieve whatever you can dream of.

If we compare Debashis Mohanty with Pragyan Ojha then their is no doubt that Pragyan will get much popularity cause he is one of the successful left arm bowler not only in India but also in the whole world. Pragyan is contributing his best efforts continuously so he is getting position in the playing 11 list of Indian cricket team, but in the other side Shiv Sundar or Debashis has given their efforts in one or two season so they are not getting position in any grade of Indian National Cricket Team. I think they have to learn many things from Pragyan and other successful cricket players.
    Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

Right Bhisma, that's why I had to introduce Pragyan Ojha here in the discussion, he was not getting the place in the discussion.
    There is nothing you cannot achieve,
    you can achieve whatever you can dream of.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.