You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedbacks

Better to change "Orissa Spider" into "Odisha Spider"

Dear Webmaster,
    As officially it was declared that the name of Orissa was changed into Odisha, and Oriya to Odia, then I feel it is better to bring the change to update our site name. This is because it is a regional site and belongs to Odisha state, where the members are mostly from Odisha and having attachment to their state, so I feel its better to change "Orissa Spider" into "Odisha Spider".

I know the URL may not be modified but the name over the logo can be changed. Please by feeling the emotions of Odia people try to change it.
    @Vicky,
    I am getting what you want to express but if we change the name then people will search for "Odisha Spider" and in return they will get no results. So in my view we should go with Orissa spider and there is an another possibility that our daily visitors may think that the website is changed or removed so we can loss them.

But don't worry, I received your suggestion with greetings. After discussing with our editors, if needed I will change the name from Orissa Spider to Odisha Spider in the logo.

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

Dear Webmaster,
    Thank you for your response to this thread. Yes, I am asking for that only, as we cannot change the URL of this site, atleast we can change the name on logo, As we are Odia people we know what is its importance.

With regards,

Vicky
    (Expect for the best but prepare for the worst)

Dear Vicky,

Your suggestion is highly appreciable.But certain hindrances are there, which the Web Master has already mentioned.

At the same time, I really appreciate the views of Webmaster regarding discussion of this matter with the Editors.

But one thing I will say whether it is Orissa or Odisha, but we were odiya, are odiya and will remain odiya.

Regards
    Krishna

Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

Dear Friends,

Yes it true. The change of URL name from Orissaspider to Odishaspider will make significant effect in all aspects. The domain name should be changed and access of this URL will take time to implement this feature.
    The existing URL is good and I think there is no need to change it. Further, We can use the word "Odisha" in all the places where we are mentioning the state name "Orissa" in our OSR. It will be a good choice.

With regards,

S.Manoharan.

What happen actually with the implementation of domain name change is that, Google's webmaster which keep track record of websites with the meta tags and domain names loses the contact and thus the domain will feel the number of unique visitors decreasing drastically.

Though you are suggesting for the name of logo to be changed, I don't think any marginal change in the number of unique visitors, though it is sure it will take some time to revive the site's visitors numbers. But really not a bad Idea to go for.
    It is possible to change the logo.

There is nothing you cannot achieve,
    you can achieve whatever you can dream of.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.