You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Orissa Updates

Which 14 districts of Orissa are under the flood circumference

I am from Jharsuguda district and here too i have heard of many places are flood prone. I today on news heard that about 14 districts of Orissa are submerged due to flood.
    Many visuals of water logging is daily shown in the Television news channels. But the districts which are suffering from this flood are still unknown to me.
    can anyone here help me to know the list of all districts which have been affected by the flood.
    I recently heard that about 37 gates of Hirakud dam has been opened and they are planning to open two more by tomorrow, if rain continues.
    Cuttack, Kendrapada and few regions of sambalpur is mostly affected by this flood
    please give the exact details or go on adding some more district names you know have been affected.
    Hello Mr Atul,
    The 14 districts of Orissa affected by flood are Sambalpur, Bargarh, Subarnapur, Anugul, Bouda, Nayagarh, Cuttack, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Puri, Khordha, Jajpur, Bhadrak and Kendujhar district. Besides these districts like Baleswar, Kandhamal are partly affected due to 2011 flood in Orissa.
    You can also get full details of 2011 Flood in Orissa from our website. For any more doubt you can response here. Thank you.

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

Thank you, Bhisma Narayan Rout.
    Do you know any fund which has been raised by the chief minister or Prime Minister, for these flood. generally prime minister relief fund is active during these times of flood.
    So do the state governments have taken any initiative and had called for the chief minister relief fund.
    And if yes, then please try to provide the website link or address information through which one can donate to these flood victims.

There is nothing you cannot achieve,
    you can achieve whatever you can dream of.

Hi Ataul,
    According to the latest news there are no special packages are announced by State Govt or Orissa or Central Govt. For making the relief progress faster the state govt has requested Indian navy and in the reply Indian navy has sent its Helicopter and Boats to Orissa. They are now in Paradeep port. They will start their operations as soon as possible.
    The looses in this flood are not accumulated till now cause day by day, the flood is destroying new areas. Govt has only closed all the schools in flood areas. In our latest news we have got information that there are more 5 districts affected except the above 14 districts. In these 19 districts more than 10 lacs and 84 thousands people are affected. Now the problem is Monday is Purnami and there will be large waves in Sea and the sea level will rise so there will huge problem of passing the flood water. Now all eyes of Orissa is on Dalei Ghai of Jagatsinghpur and flood water is above danger level at Dalei Ghai. So e can just pray god to Save Orissa from this big problem.

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

Very true Bhisma, a very heavy toll is excised by the odia people now. Even in the year 1997, we had suffered tsunami the most and again after 14 years this huge flood affecting more than 18 districts and 1.5lac people and thousand crores of property.
    We should who are saved and are on safer places should unite to help them as much as we can.
    Lets pray that the affected areas don't suffer more and rain god should show some mercy to those people.

There is nothing you cannot achieve,
    you can achieve whatever you can dream of.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.