You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Local Q & A

Discuss: Which among the following is the famous pilgrimage in Orissa?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Which among the following is the famous pilgrimage in Orissa?'.

- Jagannath Temple Puri
    - Sun Temple Konark
    - Temples in Bhubaneshwar
    All of them are good and famous temples in Orissa and all over India. However Puri Temple is much famous for the trust in Lord jagannath and people go there to pray to God and Lord Jagannath fulfils their Wishes. In the Time of Puri Rathyatra lakhs of people come there to see the world famous Rathyatra which makes this temple more famous.

But I will go for the Sun Temple Konark because people from various country visit this temple to see the nice and beautiful construction works on the stones around the temple and the temple itself is a icon or Orissa.

Cheers
    Lokesh

Hi Lokesh,

I am not from Orissa. But still i just wanted to know the famous pilgrimage in Orissa. That is the reason i had posted this in forum section. The way you have explained the details of the temples are good and it gives me an idea about these beautiful pilgrimages in Orissa. I feel like i wanted to visit it atleast once. Thanks for your vote and the explanation.

Regards
    Raja Selvaraj

Hello Mr Raja,
    You have given nice topic for discussion. Orissa is full of tourists places and Jagannath Temple of is one of the most visited places in Orissa. So I have voted to Jagannath Temple. As told by Mr Lokesh, Konark temple is also very famous for its art work but in Puri temple you can also see the great art and culture of Orissa.
    Previously the arts in puri temple were covered by just like white cements cause it was near the sea and for making the stone works safe from the salty whether.
    Now a days if you ever visit Puri then you can see the great stone works there like Konark. Orissa Govt as well as India Govt taking necessary initiatives to make this great temple safe and beautiful.

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

Hello Mr Raja;
    This is a nice topic for discussion. In my view i like Konark Temple of Orissa. But Jagannath temple is one of the best tourist place of Orissa but one thing is that no other people can enter in this temple except Hindus. So this is a bad thing of this temple. So i like the Sun temple very much.

Regards;

Ardhendu Narayan Rout

Hi Bhisma and Narayan,

Thank you so much for your active participation in this forum discussion. The explanations provided by both of you gives a very good knowledge about the places. Thank you so much.

Regards,
    Raja Selvaraj

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.