You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Local Q & A

Roadways of Orissa

Members please let usknow your views about the roads of Orissa. How the roads are and how many new roads are build and all. Please let us know your views about your state.
    Hi Ankit,
    Road ways in Orissa is pretty good. In this state more then 2-3 National highways available. NH 5 is one of the main Highway of Orissa. It is connected with many important cities of Orissa like Bhadrak, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar etc. It is also connected to Kolkata.
    Except the NH many state highways also available in this state and all are in good condition. In the Pradhanmantri Gramya Sadak Yogna about to 90% villages road are fully concrete. Many new bridges and roads are in developing position. These are my opinion about my state Roads, I hope other members will give their opinions.

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

Hi Ankit,
    You have started a good point. Roads in Orissa are good in some area and worse in some area too. If you go for the city Bhubaneswar, It was good before and now the Government is trying to make it best by making all the roads wide, for example the roads from rasulgarh to uttara which is called Cuttack Puri Road which was previously part of NH-5. the Road from Rajmahal to Vani vihar is around 8 lane now a days. Roads in Cuttack also developed but can not make it much wide due to insufficient space near to the road. Roads going to different tourist places are being made wide but still some tourist places have very bad and narrow road which increases the chance of accidents.

So overall, The roads in Orissa are improving and I hope one day the roads in all area's of Orissa will be world class.

Cheers
    Lokesh

Hello Mr Bhisma Narayan Rout,

Thank you for the response in this forum. I can very well imagine the roadway conditions of Orissa, Orissa is a developing state. I went to Puri and Bhubhaneshwar many a times, the roads of Bhubhaneshwar does not have any complains but the Puri roads are not satisfactory enough. In Puri the important lanes where very thin and it caused a problem for the auto rickshaws as well as the cars to pass by there. As I had experienced this problem myself and many a times we were stuck in a jam there. Puri is a tourist place and the roads of Puri should be better than it is currently.
    Thank you for your response but one more thing i want to state the place Puri so much pure and soothing that all other negative points of Puri is not concerned by any of the tourists and that I am sure, no one bothers of getting stuck int a jam in Puri if he is travelling from one place to another or returning from the Jagannath temple.

Hello Mr Lokesh Dash,
    Thanks for stating the above points about your state. The roads in Orissa I can guess is surely better than some other states like Bihar. Thank you for your kind response.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari

Hi Ankit,
    Nice to know that you have so many information about Road ways of Orissa. You are right that Bhubaneswar-Puri road is not well as the NH 5 of Kolkata-Bhubaneswar. Now Bhubaneswar-puri road is one way so many people are facing problem especially in the night.
    But now the Orissa Govt has taken initiatives. 4 lane road work is in progress from BBSR to Puri. With the help of railway department, Puri station is now going to be a model station or world class station. But roads in Puri town only can be repaired but it is not possible to wide the road cause many people are living near the road side but Orissa Govt and Puri Municipal Corporation are braking the illegal buildings near the Roads so we cn assume that Road problem of Puri will be solved in few months.

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

Thank You Mr Bhisma Narayan Rout for the essential informations about the roadways of Orissa.
    As you mentioned in your above response that there will be a development in the Puti railway station too. This is really a nice thing to see as a development part in Orissa. Puri is visited with a large number off tourists every year and most of the people use the railway facility to reach Puri. So this will really be a good option to create a good image in front of the tourists in Orissa about Puri as well as the state. But can you please let us know what changes will be done in the Puri railway station? This will be really attractive to the members who are not from this state and may be your state will get a good number of visits if you say here about thge new development of Orissa?
    And at last I also wanna wish you all the best for your internals.
    Best of Luck.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.