You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Local Q & A

Why is Orissa an important state of India?

Orissa is very important state of India. Different members have different reasons to prove the importance of Orissa. So what reasons do you have?
    Why do you think that Orissa is important for India?
    Members please post your comment on this topic and let me see your views along with the other members and the webmaster and editor.
    Hello Mr Ankit,
    Nice Question by you but in my view if I start sayingwhy Orissa is an important state then it will take many hours. But I am trying to tell it in short way.

1)In Orissa, Jagannath temple of Puri is located and I think no need to tell about Why puri is famous. All know that Jagannath is a part of Lord Krishna so It is one of the the major Hindu religion temple in India.

2)In Puri you can see Konark temple which was in the list of seven wonders in the world. It was built by Langula Narasinha Dev with help of 1200 carpenters. It is one of the famous tourist attraction point in Orissa.

3)Chilika lake of Orissa is known as the Largest salty lake in Asia continent. So you can imagine how beautiful it is.

4)Hirakud Dam of Sambalpur is known as Longest Concrete Dam in World. It is assumed that in now days you can make a 8ft wide concrete road from Kashmir to Kanyakumari with the concretes used in that Dam. It is 25 kms long.

5)And You may know that Chief Minister of Orissa named Mr Naveen Patnaik is known as the Chief minister in India.

There are many other things in Orissa which are very famous. But if I start saying about all then this forum message will very long.
    And I also welcome other members of Orissa spider to put their views about Why they think Orissa is Important state in India.

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

Hi Mr Bhisma Narayan Rout,
    It is nice to see this response here. The points you mentioned are really good. But lets see what are the view points of other members of this website regarding this topic.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.