You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Orissa Updates

Discuss: Which on of the followings is a challenge and creates more risk for the Orissa people?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Which on of the followings is a challenge and creates more risk for the Orissa people?'.
    Hello Mr S.manoharan,

This is a nice topic you had posted here in Orissa Spider.
    Orissa is a state located in the coastal region. Its physical position is the best and attracts many tourists each and every year.
    Orissa is affected by storms many times. But still Orissa is the safest of all. As people of Orissa believe Puri is place of Lord Jagannath and till he is there there will not be any problem with it. They best example they give is the Tsunami in which Puri was not affected and there was no loss in Puri.
    But still the storms are threatening to the people of Orissa and the rest comes after that.
    The natural calamities are not in the hands of any one and no one exactly can predict when exactly they are going to bring disasters to our state.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari

Hello Mr S. Manoharan,
    Nice topic for discussion. According to my experience Orissa is mostly affected by Floods cause besides the above floods come yo Orissa in every year. And due to this Orissa loses a huge amount of State property. Mainly the River Mahanadi, River Baitarani, River Brahmani are the main source for flood. Due to Mahanadi many parts of Orissa come in the hand of flood cause it is the biggest river in the state.

And my view in other points are; Rains are natural in Orissa but in Rainy season Orissa faces huge rain and due to this flood arrives.

Earthquake in Orissa is costly to seen. Till now this state has not faced any type of Big earthquakes. But many parts of Orissa are coming under earthquake zones.

Storms are one of the barrier in development of the state but it is not dangerous as floods in Orissa. Till now Orissa has faced 2 big storms in 1999 and 1971. 1999 storm was named as Super Cyclone. This storm gave many losses to Orissa. In now days also people are facing problems due to 1999 storm.
    But still Orissa people are facing all and living in the state peacefully cause as told by ankit, Whenever Lord Jagannath is in Orissa no natural force cannot smash Orissa. They love lord Jagannath and have more faith on him.

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

Thank You Mr Bhisma Narayan Rout for the above informations.

The information you gave here about the floods in Orissa was not known to me. This is really god to know that how Orissa is affected by the floods every year. The floods also create a problem in the coastal regions of Bengal every year.
    Mr Rout it will be better if you post a resource on this topic of floods in Orissa including informations which part is affected and how does it affect the people of Orissa in the place. We will love to see that. As I am not a citizen of Orissa i dont have much information about the place and this topic will really be attractive.

Its really nice to know such facts about the state specially by our webmaster, Mr Bhisma Narayan Rout.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.