You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Discuss: Should Valentine Day celebration be banned in India ?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Should Valentine Day celebration be banned in India ?'.
    Mr Nirlipta, Thank you
    Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari

I would like to say that it is the mentality of the people which effects. But as per my thinking there is nothing wrong in this date. Its a day of enjoyment for the lovers with their beloved. They enjoy a lot during this day and this day is celebrated everywhere in this world among the lovers.
    And one more thing to add up not only the young ones the old couples also celebrate this day with great fun.
    And without love there is nothing in this world. I hope all the members try to get my point and think a little bit broad minded.

Thank You
    Ankit Patwari.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari

Hi,

I completely agree with you Ankit.

When you mention the term Valentines Day, you attract few suspicious eyes towards you! But the fact is that, the concept of Valentines Day is a beautiful one. Look, I consider this concept just like I enjoy the concept of Holi, Deewali, Ramjaan, Christmas and other religious concepts. Irrespective of our religion, we observe these festivals! If I celebrate Christmas, that does not make me a true follower of the supreme Jesus! I enjoy this festival as I got some time to celebrate with my friends, family and love ones! I consider the Valentines Day on the same ground.

Look, we have thousand reasons to hate each other but none to love! So, if by any means, any religion or any organization gives us a day to spread love, I don't think we should behave like some villains from the 60's Bollywood movie!

I understand that, during these days the mischievous things go on a rise but the same happens during the Holi or any other big festivals. Just because of some irresponsible and immature subjects we should not lose a chance to smile, to love and being happy.

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Nirlipta it is very nice to see your views regarding this. But the thing you mentioned here about the mischievous activities with that i do not agree with you.
    As in my view points the activities that you are trying to mention in your above point is not for the Valentine's day. Valentine's day is noway responsible for those illegal activities of our society.
    Those activities are done regularly and it is not Valentine's day which should be blamed for this kind of activities.
    The mentality of we Indians are a little bit different. May be you and me are today's generation but we carry a huge generation-gap with our parents and grand-parents.
    Some of our elders fail to understand the value of this day and they think only those kind of jobs are carried down on that day.
    So it is totally the mentality of us which depends.
    In my view points there is nothing wrong with the celebration of Valentine's day.

Thank You
    Ankit Patwari.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.