You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Sports

Discuss: Is Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar eligible for India's top most award Bharat ratna ?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Is Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar eligible for India's top most award Bharat ratna ?'.
    Hi All,

I have posted this thread before World Cup 2011. Though the voting meter suggests a 75% positive reply for the award, I did not get any response on the forum thread.

Now, after India manages to win the World Cup 2011, what is status of the opinion? Yesterday, Sachin completed his 38th birth day. Is he too young for the award as suggested by few? Or is the sport category is something that is not eligible to get a Bharat Ratna? Need your opinion on the same.

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Hi Nirlipta,
    Actually I have not seen this good thread yet. There is no doubt that Sachin should get Bharat Ratna Award cause he is well known as the god of cricket. He is one of the few cricketers who has devoted many years of his life for the country. Not only India but from other countries we can see large group of Sachin's fans. In English books we can see the life history of Sachin so I think this great award should be given to the greatest person.

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

Hi Bhishma,

Thanks for responding to this thread.

I do support your view, but the last thing I heard during the Bharat Ratna Award ceremony is Sachin is too young to get this award. I don't think it is a pretty good excuse even. And some other sources pointed that, there is no sports category in Bharat Ratna Award. So, it could be technical point. Let us see, what our other members have to say on this.

Regards,
    Nirlipta

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.