You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedbacks

Suggestion to improve Orissa Spider in 2011

Hi All,

A very normal and simple thread for the coming New year. All the members are requested to put in their thoughts, suggestions and feedbacks to improve the site with its function ability.

Thanks,
    Nirlipta
    Hi All,

Here is a small suggestion from me. Just like ISC and other spider site, can we start the gift shop section here? This will help in appreciating the new members by awarding them gift by senior members.

Thanks,
    Nirlipta

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Hello Nirlipa,
    The gift section is started all ready in Orissa spider. I have added some gifts in this. Hope You will like them. If you have any virtual gift then You can also post here.
    Thank You

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout
    Webmaster, OrissaSpider.com

Hi Bhisma,

Thanks. That's really great to see the section there.

The virtual gifts we can use to encourage our members every time they create a good thread or post a good resource.

Thanks,
    Nirlipta

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Hi,

I am interested in creating a contest in Orissa Spider. I am planning to give a topic to all the members of Orissa Spider. And the one who will post the best resource on the said topic will get a virtual gift from me worth 15 points. This is excluding the points and cash credit that the members will receive from Orissa Spider. But before going ahead with this idea, I need our Webmaster's permission on the same.

If you allow me to handle this contest on a regular basis, it will help me also indirectly. I mean, on each contest, I will lose 15 points. And this will make me motivated to score more points so that I should not run out of points to allocate.

Webmaster, I need your feedback on the same.

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Creating Contest is good but why should You to give points. There are some interest Partnership sharing programme now. You Can post good and Can make the site best, But in my view if you will give points then others may feel other thing about the site. So you can request webmaster for Creating a Contest.

And Atlast I am very pleased with your Innovative Idea and Your Working potential for Orissa spider. Post good and Who knows if you can be the Webmaster of orissa spider.

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout

Hi Bhisma,

Thanks a lot appreciating me. To become the Webmaster is a long path, first I have to prove myself just like you by qualifying to be an Editor. Anyway, coming to my suggestion; do you really think, members creating contest will hamper our sites reputation. Because, what I believe is, the more the interactive activities we will organize here, the chances of generating active members are higher. And, I can understand from the revenue point of view it may not be a feasible thing for Webmaster to create so many contest or reward programs. We are already executing Revenue share program, which itself a great investment from Webmaster and Site Owners. So, just to give another helping hand, I want to start a program on a smaller scale which will help the members getting some more point by receiving virtual gifts. And also getting a small recognition within the site! No wonder, I will lose a few points but that will keep me on toe to gain more points by contributing more to the site. I think implementing this will give me as well as our site some benefits only.

Please share your thoughts on the same and also I request our Webmaster to consider this and suggest further.

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Hi guys
    I donot see any harm in this. but one small suggestion to Nirlipta ,Actually you can create as many contests you want in your communities you have created, that will give you reputation and points also to the contributors and in back you can share virtual gifts to them. Also this will make your communities active.
    Just a idea came to my mind, you can have a thought if sounds good.

Cheers
    Lokesh

Hi Lokesh,

Thanks. It really sounds good. I will try that one also. But contest on the forum section has a greater visibility than in the community section. So, I would like to continue with my idea on this in the forum section. Please confirm if I consider this as permission from your side.

Thanks,
    Nirlipta

Regards,
    Nirlipta

This is a new request for Orissaspider for the first time from a member, so webmaster can approve or reject your request.

Best of Luck.

Cheers
    Lokesh

Thanks Lokesh,

I am expecting a positive feedback on this from our webmaster. Hope he will get a chance to go through this and suggest me further.

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Hi Webmaster,

As I have received no feedback from your side, I would consider this as a silent approval from your side!

I will start a resource base contest from my side and the winner will get few virtual points from my side.

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Dear Mr Nirlipta,
    I have discussed in this matter with Webmaster. In his view you should wait for some days to put competition like this. In the present situation you should concentrate more on Resources and Business category which can bring more traffic to this site and members. So Start posting well in Resources.
    Best of Luck

Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout

Hi Bhisma,

Thanks for the response.

And I just you became the site coordinator! A big congratulation to you brother. Keep on doing your good work and keep growing. All the best!

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Thank You Mr Nirlipta, for the congratulation.
    Regards
    Bhisma Narayan Rout

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.